Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oh Bunny, how I love Thee. Let me Count the Ways

I've mentioned before (here) how my Aunt Kathie gave Kali a bunny.  Kali has loved this bunny since that day!!  This Bunny is super soft and fluffy...or I should say WAS! Now, she's been washed every.single.week because Kali insists on chewing on her nose, ears, and hands.  After just 1 week of all that chewing, Bunny stinks! And I mean stinks to high heaven! Any time Kali is sick, she tends to throw up ON Bunny, so then poor Bunny gets washed an extra time.

Before Christmas, I bought another Bunny on Amazon as a "just in case" Bunny.  There was one night about a month ago when Kali was sick and Bunny had to be washed, I got new Bunny out for Kali to sleep with.  However, Kali was NOT having this.  She kept pointing to her laundry basket saying "Bubu" and sobbing.  A few weeks ago, I had a grand idea.  I decided that I'd put new Bunny in our bed and sleep with her.  Then I told Kali that new Bunny was "Mommy's Bunny".  Last week when she got sick and Bunny needed a bath, I was able to get "Mommy's Bunny" out and tell her that I'd let her sleep with "Mommy's Bunny" tonight while Bubu was taking a bath.  And it totally worked!! Score 1 for Mommy.

But there will never be another Bunny to replace the one my Aunt Kathie got her.  Kali would take that thing everywhere with her, if I'd let her.  And there are only a handful of times when Bunny is aloud to leave the house.  I'm terrified of losing Bunny and having to go through that melt down! UGH! I shudder just thinking about that happening!

Here is a short little trip down Kali & Bunny's journey since May 2011 in pictures! :-)
May 2011:
Kali sleeps with Bunny
Securely under her arm!
August 2011:
She cries with Bunny
October 2011:
She opens presents while holding Bunny
(1st Birthday presents)
December 2011:
She brings Bunny while taking Family Pictures
January 2012:
She sleeps with Bunny some more
(and her Nana Blanket)

February 2012:
And she carries her around the house Cheesing!!!
*Please note Bunny's eye and nose in this picture...the nose has been chewed so much it's starting to unravel, and her right eye is black and swollen shut (haha).
This poor Bunny has been through a lot...and she's not even a year old yet.

I can't thank my Aunt Kathie enough for this Bunny! Kali adores it.  I also love Bunny because she helps Kali sleep better! She never liked pacifiers, and never attached to a blanket. But this Bunny is her favorite thing in the whole world!  I'm pretty sure that she's going to have it forever...that is unless she eats her, or chews her to death.  Which is a strong possibility! LOL! :-)

I'm sure that there are going to be more "Kali and Bunny" updates along the way! I'll just have to remember to get more pictures of them together! Kali and her sidekick!

No comments:

Post a Comment