Saturday, May 26, 2012

Just call me Mrs. Picasso!

Every year all my girlfriends do something fun for all of our birthdays.  One year everyone got to pick a "NICE" restaurant to eat at for their Birthday.  I picked Captain Anderson's for mine.
Last year we put every one's name in a hat and we picked one.  Whoever's name you drew is who's Birthday you hosted.  I had Jennifer - and she wanted a good ol' backyard BBQ with hamburgers and hot dogs.
This year, we're all picking something fun to do! I picked going to Paint Your Art Out (PYAO) at the Visual Art's Center.  You go, and an artist walks you through painting your picture.  It's not a "paint by numbers" either! You start with a blank canvas and go to town!

It was awesome!!! All my girlfriends (that were able to come) brought snacks and wine and PRESENTS!! :-)  I had such a good time! I'm blessed to have so many wonderful and amazing women in my (and Kali's) life! Couldn't ask for better friends!! Love my girls!!!!!!! And...I think we're going to go do it again next month since we all had such a great time! YAY!!!!


Here is my masterpiece! 


This one was made by Lauren

This one is Dallas'
She's an overachiever who painted seagulls too! LOL!

This one is Christie's
I loved her waves!

This is Theresa's
JD (her husband) says that her dock was hit by a ship...
I said it was hit by Moscato wine! LOL!!!! :)

This is Lacy's
Her dock was my favorite!

Theresa getting some pointers from the artist.

All of us with our artwork!
Love them!!!

I really did have such a great time! I can't wait to do it again! Happy Birthday to me!!!!!


On a side note: for my actual birthday, my mom took me to lunch and Jennifer took me to get a much needed pedicure!  Kali spent the night with TJ's parents and he took me to dinner at Angelo's. Delicious!! And it was really nice to just go out the two of us!  When we got done, we called to let them know we were on our way to get Kali, but she was already asleep.  So we decided to go see "What to Expect When You're Expecting".  It was super cute! I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more! If you've had kids or are pregnant - I definitely recommend it!

All-in-All, I had a wonderful birthday. Turning 28 was pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment