Sunday, October 16, 2011

1 Year!!

Kali is officially 1 year, 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8,736 hours, 525,600 minutes, 31,536,000 seconds old.  DANG! This has been a wonderful/crazy/fantastic/scary/blissful year!

Here are some pictures of my beautiful 1 year old, and her 1 year stats!! :)


My new favorite picture of Kali
I love this meek smile and those big beautiful blue eyes!

"Hey, girl, Hey!" :-)

Cheesing during her birthday dinner at Red Elephant!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!!!!!
10/10/11

Cheesing that beautiful smile!
WITH ALL THOSE TEETH!!!


12 Month Stats:
Weight
: 24lbs

Height: 30.5 inches

Eating: You basically eat anything that we eat (minus shellfish and nuts). You still have your favorites, and I love to see you eat all those fruits and veggies! You're also completely off the bottle, and transitioned to whole cow's milk instead of formula.  Since mommy and daddy drink the Organic milk, that's what we've been giving you. And it's also better for you since it has added DHA for brain development.  (And we know you're SOOOO smart!!!) 

Sleep: I think you have MORE teeth coming in, so you're waking up at least once a night.  But, I can't say I'm hating those snuggle sessions with you. 

Accomplishments: FULL ON WALKING!!!!!  I kept saying that I really wanted you to be walking by your birthday party so that you could enjoy the park! And sure enough, the week before your party you started walking! It was wonderful.  And then the week of your birthday, you learned how to stand yourself up.  You're getting so big!!!
You have 7 teeth now, and I think you're getting some more.  And boy are those 7 teeth sharp!
You're starting to talk more and can say: dog, Junior, Mama, Dada, Bub Gup (for Bubble Guppies), Bu bu (for Bunny-your Lovie), and Bye. 
You had your 12 month appointment on 10/14 and I asked the doctor about your speech and where you should be.  She said that at 12 months a child should be saying 2 words, and be able to recognize a few things (such as the dog).  I told her all the things you can say and point out.  The doctor said that she would put you on the achievement level of a 15 month old.  Then she said "Pretty soon she'll be blowing kisses".  I looked at her and said, but she already does that, and then you blew the doctor a kiss.  She said that she would now put you on a 16-18 month level! I was so excited.  The doctor said that you're learning at a great speed and that you're advanced for your age! I'm so proud of you and love you so much! You are definitely my pride and joy!
Can't wait to see what you're going to be doing next month!

I LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment