Saturday, November 19, 2011

Starting November off with a bang!

Although we've been busy this November, I don't have a lot of pictures to prove it.  I'm kinda slackin' on that at the moment (could use the fact that I need a new camera on it...and then make it a HINT that I'd like my DLSR **cough, cough, buy me one for Christmas TJ, cough, cough**)
November started out with a Birthday Party for my BFF, Jen's youngest son.  It was a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Hot Diggity Dog themed party.  They had a train jumpy house, and Kali loved it.  But we had to limit her in there once the bigger kids arrived.  She couldn't handle it with all of them in there.
Me, Theresa, and Jen in the hats that Jen's mom crocheted.
They were so adorable!
I wish we could have kept them...but they were for the kids.


Choo Choo Train!

Kali playing on the slide once the big kids got to the party.


Trevor's Birthday cake
Stephen's sister made this! It was amazing, and tasted REALLY good.
She's for hire!
On Facebook, Sugar Crystals. :-)

Kali enjoying some Puffs with TJ

 Then, we headed up to Birmingham Veteran's day weekend for Addison's 1st Birthday, and the Children's of Alabama benefit ball.  We had a great weekend!!
Singing Happy Birthday to Addison

Ashley made ALL of the food at the party.
Those cupcakes were White Hot Chocolate, and they were FABULOUS!!

TJ and Kali.

Kali thought those balloons were awesome.

THIS DANG LAWN MOWER!
Addison got it as a present.  Someone put it together, and Kali started to play with it
THEN, she wouldn't let it go.  She threw a major fit when I took it away from her.
I've never seen her throw such a fit.
So, I decided I was going to get it for her for Christmas
But Aunt Debbie already sent us one. LOL!!!

 While we were in Birmingham, Debbie and Jonathan invited us to the Children's hospital ball that Jonathan donated money to, and received a full table at the ball.  I was so excited to be able to get dressed up!! And Wayne was excited that we would be going and leave Kali with him. LOL.
Even though I had TJ bring my camera, I didn't take hardly any pictures.  These are actually ones that TJ took.  So I don't have a nice one, but we had a great time! TJ won one of the silent auction items, and Betty won 2.  That was more fun than I thought it would be.

ME


TJ

Me and TJ
Before we were going to head up to Birmingham, Kali was acting sickly. At first, I thought it was just her teeth bothering her. But it never fails, I think it's teeth, and it turns into something worse.
She had been throwing up a little, but not running any type of fever.  But all she wanted to do was for me to hold her and her sleep on my chest.  I felt so bad for her.
Friday morning (since I was off for Veteran's Day) I took her to the doctor's office. Turns out, she had a slight ear infection.  But they tested her for Strep and the Flu.  Both came back negative, thankfully.  She got a shot and I was told she would be fine to travel.  I was really worried about her because as soon as we left the doctor's office she slept.  The ENTIRE morning.  That is not like my little active Kalibug.  So we were thinking that we weren't going to go out of town. But at about 2pm she woke up and seemed to be feeling better.  SO we headed up.  And she's been fine ever since. I sure hate when the bug is sick! She looks so pitiful and I just want to hold and hug her and make it all better.

This year, I decided that we should have Thanksgiving at our house.  We never do anything at our house, and I like having guests over.  So it's going to be me, TJ, Kali, my parents, TJ's parents, and Debbie and Jonathan over for Thanksgiving.  I'm super excited.  And to prepare for such festivities...I made a Thanksgiving wreath for the front porch.  Took me about an hour to put together, and cost about $16.  All of the fall decorations were 80% off at Hobby Lobby.  So I got a fall garland that is originally $49.99 for $9.98.  AWESOME! :)
My wreath! :)

Hanging out on our front porch. 
Looks so festive, right?!
I will be sure to take more pictures during Thanksgiving and post them.  And then we'll be gearing up for Christmas.  I guess I better think about where the Christmas tree is going to go! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment