Monday, September 10, 2012

First Day of Preschool

I don't want to say it out loud...but........Kali start Preschool.  And...she freaking loves it!
 
I didn't know how she was going to react to going to school, so we opted for 2 days a week instead of 3 or 5.  But, from the second she walked into the classroom, she's been like "Bye Mom. Thanks for dropping me off."  Which totally breaks my heart.  I find myself jealous of those mothers with children clinging to their legs.  But then, the other part of me is so thankful that Kali is independent and confident enough to walk into a room and feel comfortable and not need me to hold her hand the entire time. 
 
Her teacher is Ms. Lori and she seems great! There is a play kitchen in her classroom, and apparently, Kali adores it! The teacher said that she'll put something in the "microwave" and push buttons like she's turning it on.  She does a lot of pretend play now-a-days.
 

 
Kali on Orientation day.
She was so adorable! Gave me kissy faces, and stood there for me to take a picture!
Like a big girl....
She was so excited!

Kali on her FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!
Her name was even on the bulletin board out front of the classroom!
 
Kali was such a little stinker on her first day of school! The teacher had play dough on the table...well that was all she wrote! Kali sat down at the table without even taking off her back pack!  I had to convince her to take her backpack off before she started playing!

When I went to pick her up after her first day, I asked the teacher how she did.  Ms. Lori said, "She's...busy." LOL! Oh, she has NO idea just how "busy" Kali can be!  But, she will learn! Soon enough! HAHAHA!!! Bless her heart. :-)

Look at those little hands!!!!!!!!!
 
 
I love this picture so much! Those little hands have a full grasp of my heart and I can't express enough how proud I am of her!

I've framed this print and it's in the living room.  Kali will walk by it and say "My hands" and hold her hands up. It's adorable!

She is growing up so fast! I love and adore her. (I'm not sure I've said that enough!)

No comments:

Post a Comment